Introduction to Research
Welcome to Introduction to Research 2021!
Live sessions for the course were held on ThinQ's YouTube channel on Wednesdays between February and April.
The Live sessions will no longer take place, but you can find their recordings and reading material for the course on this webpage.
Between February and April 2021, this webpage was updated weekly on Thursdays.
The documents and the video linked below, outline what the course aims at, key concepts related to the course, and a tentative list of topics covered.
- ITR 2021 - 0A Introduction to the Course
- ITR 2021 - 0B Course Timetable
- ITR 2021 - 0C Learning and Teaching Strategies
Discussion Forum and Other Updates
Join us on Discord and Reddit!
If you have any queries related to the course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chapter 1 - What is Research?
- Chapter 2 - Methodological Strategies
- Chapter 3 - Conceptual Clarification
- Chapter 4 - Justifying Claims
- Self Evaluation Quiz 1
- Chapter 5 - Observational Research
- Chapter 6 - Theoretical Research - Part 1
- Chapter 7 - Theoretical Research - Part 2
- Chapter 8 - Theoretical Research - Part 3
- Chapter 9 - Introduction to Reasoning
- Self Evaluation Quiz 2
- Chapter 10 - Types of Reasoning
- Chapter 11 - Critical Reading
- Chapter 12 - Debating